Pediatric physical therapists specialize in evaluation and treatment of children’s physical needs from birth to 18 years of age. We often work with children who have delays due to genetic disorders, prematurity, or injury. Additionally, we help children who have difficulty moving as a result of muscle tightness, increased flexibility, developmental delays or pain problems. Physical Therapist can address:
- Birth injuries or birth defects
- Developmental delays
- Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, or other neurological concerns
- Traumatic injuries (brain or spinal cord)
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Post-surgical conditions
- Spina Bifida
- Broken bones or other orthopedic injuries
- Decreased balance
- Limited endurance and muscle strength
- Improve functional mobility
- Educate caregivers on techniques and activities to help children achieve their greatest physical potential
Physical Therapists can assist with adapting age appropriate toys or order adaptive equipment as needed.
Interested In Receiving More Info?
Are you ready to schedule an evaluation for your child or learn more about CTC?
Call us at 757.776.3088 to set up an appointment or fill out this form and someone will get back to you shortly.