Pediatric physical therapists specialize in evaluation and treatment of children’s physical needs from birth to 18 years of age. We often work with children who have delays due to genetic disorders, prematurity, or injury. Additionally, we help children who have difficulty moving as a result of muscle tightness, increased flexibility, developmental delays or pain problems. Physical Therapist can address:
- Birth injuries or birth defects
- Developmental delays
- Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, or other chronic illnesses
- Traumatic injuries (brain or spinal cord)
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Post-surgical conditions
- Spina Bifida
- Broken bones or other orthopedic injuries
- Decreased balance
- Limited endurance and muscle strength
- Improve functional mobility
- Educate caregivers on techniques and activities to help children achieve their greatest physical potential
Physical Therapists can assist with adapting age appropriate toys or order adaptive equipment as needed.
Ready to find out more?
Want to learn more about Children’s Therapy Concepts, LLC or maybe you want to schedule a therapy session for your child… Contact us today!